Search This Blog

Monday, January 25, 2010

Dum Dum Girls - Dum Dum Girls EP


So, Dum Dum Girls, eh? More of the same lo-fi stuff that has been coming out lately. I like this album almost as much as I'm in love with the Best Coast 7"s that have been coming out lately which is saying a lot.
Dum Dum Girls don't have that awesome 50's rock sound that Best Coast dips into, but they have kind of a twee influence. This is a welcome respite from the lo-fi surf stuff that has been floating around these past months (which I also love..I'm just overloaded on it a little bit. Except Surfer Blood. Best band ever.)
Anyway. This EP makes me think a little bit of some old Camera Obscura with some fuzz on top for good measure. Other times it makes me think of a slightly better Pains of Being Pure at Heart. Either way, get this album, it's amazing.

Currently unavailable on cd because it sold out, but try iTunes, maybe.
Try it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment