Search This Blog

Thursday, January 14, 2010

These Arms Are Snakes - Oxeneers


Since this post is "late" I'm actually going to do two posts today. I know, you're so lucky, right?
Well, this first post is an older album, in honor of the fact that this band just broke up and I've loved them since I was 18 years old.
"Oxeneers or the Lion Sleeps When Its Antelope Go Home" is the first album from These Arms Are Snakes, and was released on Jade Tree Records. These guys are in the post-hardcore/prog genre I guess and I think they're just great. I'm putting this album up because it has a bunch of really solid tracks, and probably one of my all-time favorite songs, "Your Pearly Whites." I'm not even sure what it is that makes me love this song the way I do. I think maybe it reminds me of "Castlevania" for some reason?
I'm super bummed that these guys broke up, and if they get back together eventually with this lineup, I highly suggest you try to get out and see them play. Their live show was incredibly energetic. Probably the most fun I've had at a show in a while
When I saw them at The Bugjar, the vocalist, Chris Common, writhed around the stage tearing off his clothes, spitting, dancing, and just really giving you your money's worth. You can tell when a band really loves what they're doing just by the looks on their faces and these guys had it. Not only that, but they were all just genuinely really stellar, nice guys.
If you like these guys check out - dd/mm/yyyy or some of the guys from These Arms Are Snakes' other bands, Narrows and Russian Circles.
(When I saw them play, they played with dd/mm/yyyy and those dudes are incredible too.)

So you can still pick up this album on cd...it is harder to find on vinyl because it's been out of print for a while. You might try ebay.
Try it
>Buy it

No comments:

Post a Comment